MINERALS ARE ESSENTIAL
Generally we talk about the Vitamins and Minerals. We all knew about the Vitamins and various articles and blogs We saw about the vitamins and their type. Today we are talking about only minerals. Why minerals are essential for us. What do they affect our body? How important for us? and type minerals. Minerals play a vital role to make structure of all bodily tissues. Like teeth, bones, blood, skin, and muscles. The non-organic nutrients are present in every single cell, Minerals present in about 4% of our weight as per experts research report (American Dietetic Association). Minerals are two types (a) Major Minerals and (b) Trace Minerals. Minerals are found in food generally you eat. But you should know minerals are different from vitamins. Because minerals have different roles and vitamins have different ones. The minerals can help to maintain body function and balance also like hormones, bones, metabolism.
Our body requires these major minerals because large quantities of certain minerals are under this type. like calcium, phosphorus, chloride, sodium, magnesium and potassium. Our body needs these major minerals at least 250mg per day. Whereas Calcium and phosphorus are two primary major minerals needed to take in proper way. These two primary mineral components help to build bones and teeth. Phosphorus helps to generate the energy in our body and calcium helps to promote the normal nerve, muscles function and bones. Magnesium helps to give structure to our bones and control the blood sugar levels. Sodium, potassium and chloride helps to maintain body cellular level and keep fluid because they work as an electrolyte. This is the main reason why minerals are essential in our body to make structure of all bodily tissues
Trace minerals are less needed compared to major minerals. Our body needs 20 milligrams per day. The minerals are copper, molybdenum, selenium, chromium, fluoride, iodine. All these trace minerals have different roles in our body. Copper is very helpful to produce the red blood cells in our body. Fluoride helps to harden your teeth and bones. Selenium is an important antioxidant compound that is very helpful to fight bad cells and others. Iron is the main role to produce the energy in our body. Zinc is a very supportive component for normal growth and Iodine is also the most important component for our body functions. Molybdenum helps our body use store iron and selenium. Minerals are essential in our body to make structure of all bodily tissues
TOP LISTED FOOD FOR MINERALS
- Zinc: Nuts and seeds, Cashews, green peas, almonds and kidney beans, chickpeas, shellfish yogurt, oatmeal, chicken breast, cereal products, these are the good sources of zinc. Zinc do regulation of blood sugar in our body, and fights against cold and germs infections. It heals body wounds and transfer Carbon DiOxide from tissue to lungs and boosting our immunity
- Sodium: Sodium is contained in processed foods, salted nuts, eggplant, watermelon, pineapples, milk and beets. Sodium maintains a proper blood pressure level, it prevents heart stroke and maintains fluid in our body.
- Calcium: Calcium is found in dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt and some plants foods like spinach, soybeans, vegetables, and corn flakes are its important source.
- Iron: Iron are found in generally seeds products like pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds that contain high ration of iron. Whole grains cereals and spinach are also good sources of iron.
- Magnesium: Dark leafy green like turnip green, spinach, nuts and seeds, yogurt and milk. dark chocolate these are the best source of magnesium.