How vitamins and minerals (KARAN AND ARJUN) do work in our body?
Do you know how many vitamins and minerals require our body to do work properly and healthy manners? How vitamins and minerals work in our body? I saw and read many blogs and articles all respected writers and bloggers wrote about how essential all that is for our body? When I took my morning meal I realised how vitamins and minerals work in our body? It is true Vitamins and Minerals are essential nutrients because they perform many different hundred and thousand roles in our body. If we had eaten a healthy diet daily, it would have minimal chance of infection from any diseases. Vitamins are divided into two categories: Fat-Soluble and water soluble whereas Vitamins A,D,E and K are dissolve in fat and stored in our body. Vitamins C and B(B6, B12, niacin, riboflavin and folate) need to dissolve in water before our body can absorb that.
Are you know that Vitamins is an organic compound whereas mineral is an inorganic compound? Vitamins derived from animals and plants whereas minerals come from soil and water that are absorbed by plants and eaten by animals. Our body needs both these nutrient vitamins and minerals. Minerals are copper, iron, potassium, chromium, zinc, selenium, iodine etc.
Vitamins have to do different jobs from minerals. It helps to resist many infections keeping our body nerve safe and healthy. It gets energy to our metabolism and boosts our body. Our body needs protein, carbohydrate and fats that are provided energy and build body tissues stronger. All Vitamins have different jobs in our body. I mention in this blog for just an overview of types of vitamins and work.
FUNCTIONS OF VITAMINS
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A helps to maintain our healthy teeth, bones, soft tissue, mucous membranes, and skin.
- Vitamin B6: B6 is very helpful to break down protein blocks, and maintain normal nerves function and form red blood cells and fight against infection during injuries and blood clotting.
- Vitamin B12: B12 is very essential for our metabolism, which is the main source to transport the oxygen in our red blood cell and maintain central nervous system of our body. Folate is a very important compound that works with vitamin B12 and helps to form new red blood cells.
- Vitamin B2: Riboflavin is important for body growth as well as it may help to produce new blood cells in our body..
- Vitamin B1:Thiamine works like a generator means it changes carbohydrate compounds change into energy in our body cells. Thiamine is essential for proper heart function and keeps healthy nerve cells.
- Vitamin C: Yes! Every dental health consultant recommended taking vitamins C to make your teeth and gums healthy as well as wound healing.
- Vitamin D: It comes from the natural source which means sunlight. This is the only vitamin that can produce our body. It takes from the sunlight. Our body absorbs calcium that is important for our bones and teeth. Vitamin D maintains calcium and phosphorus levels.
- Vitamin E: This is the antioxidant that plays major roles in our blood cells formation. It prevents skin allergy, infection and many more.
- Vitamin K: This vitamin is very help to make our bones more strong, If all known in ederly age our bones becomes weak, this vitamin K help to make our bone strong.
- Biotin, Niacin,Pantothenic are types of vitamins that help to maintain healthy nerves, skin and hormones.
Mineral is divided into two parts Major (Macro) and trace (Micro) minerals. Our body needs major and trace minerals both for proper function of our body. Our body needs a larger amount of major minerals like calcium, magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Sulfur etc. Whereas Trace minerals are chromium, iron, zinc, iodine, fluoride, molybdenum. All minerals have different roles in our body. Trace minerals are needed in a very small amount each day.